Motorway bridge over the Rio Sordo, Portugal
Location: Vila Real, Portugal
A4 motorway bridge across the Rio Sordo in the Marão mountains.
Design: Five-section bridge with two separate superstructures
Construction process: Cantilever method, edge spans on falsework
Overall length: 412 m
- enlargement of the superstructure from 16 m to 19.40 m
- 72-m-long superstructure formwork with defined load transmission points for centre distances between 10 m and 24 m
INFRATÚNEL, Construtores do Túnel do Marão A.C.E., Porto
F. Paiva, A. Monteiro, J. Campos, P. Rosa, J. Marques, L. Fidalgo
With the VST heavy duty tower we were able to adapt the support to the different heights. The assembly work was safe and quick thanks to the pre-assembled units.
- 30-m-high falsework of VARIOKIT heavy duty towers
- CB/VARIO climbing formwork for the piers
- suspended SB brace frames for the pier tables
- superstructure formwork and falsework for the four edge span sections based on VARIOKIT
- safe access technology with PERI UP Rosett working scaffolding